Fabric for your Belmore Jacket
Our Belmore Jacket is designed to be sewn with a wide variety of woven fabrics!
Choosing different fabrics will take your Belmore from Summer to Winter, making this a pattern that you can use throughout the year!
Our recommended fabrics include denim, medium-heavyweight linen, corduroy, lightweight wool coating, boiled wool, cotton canvas, and cotton twill. In this post, we've rounded up some of our Belmore Jackets!
Medium-weight and heavy-weight linens
Leila and I both made ourselves a linen Belmore Jacket, mine (above) is a medium-weight and Leila (below) used a heavier-weight linen. We love how linen can be relaxed and fancy depending on how you wear it!
- A+R Fabrics ships world-wide and has a great variety of medium-weight linen fabric
- Fabric Godmother in the UK has a large selection of linen
- Stoff & Stil is EU based and has a variety of linen blends
- Drapers Fabrics ships world-wide and has a variety of mostly patterned and printed linens
A denim & a cotton Belmore
The blue of denim is neutral that seems to work with everything! Below, you can see Leila's Belmore Jacket which she scrap-busted from heavyweight rigid denim that was left over from her recent jeans-making. Above, you can see my 8oz cotton chambray Belmore, which I've been reaching for a lot.
- White Oak Cone Denim in the USA is where you can buy Cone Mills Denim directly.
- Blackbird Fabrics in Canada has a large selection of denim and bull denim
- Potter and Co in Australia stocks a variety of fabrics, including denim
Miss Maude in NZ occasionally non-stretch denim
Check out our roundup of where to shop heavy-weight denims here.
Other fabrics for your Belmore
We'd love to see how you experiment with the Belmore Jacket and make it your own. Double gauze, cotton waffle, pre-quilted, and slinky tencels would all make for delightful options!
- Croft Mills in the UK has a selection of bottom-weight cotton, corduroy, and linens
- Cloth Story in North America has a variety of bottom-weight fabrics, including brushed chino twill
- Where to source Boiled wool blog
- Where to find wool coatings blog
- Finding fun Pre-quilted fabric blog
- 10oz+ denim and canvas blog