The Banksia Bralette is the bralette you won’t want to take off! Designed for larger bodies and a range of cup sizes, the unique slings separate the breasts and provide light support. No more sweaty uniboob! The edges are finished with soft fold-over elastic and the generous coverage is comfortable, practical, and beautiful. The Banksia Bralette can be sewn entirely on a domestic sewing machine with a zigzag stitch, or certain steps can be completed with an overlocker/serger.
38-64" (97-162cm) Bust
There are B and D Cup pieces and there are narrow shoulder shoulder pieces for both cup sizes.
(see size chart in images)
If our sizes are too small to include you, we will grade our patterns up for you. Please get in touch with us here.
Finished Garment Measurements:
• Please select your size based primarily on your under bust measurement
• Because the support is provided with slings and not cups, the bralette will accommodate a wide range of breast shapes and sizes
• If you have a narrow shoulders, your upper bust might indicate you have a larger sewing cup size than your actual breast size. If you know you have narrow shoulders, please use the “narrow shoulder” pieces that are providedN.B. Sewing cup sizes are different to bra cup sizes and are calculated using the difference between the over bust and full bust measurements. This bralette was drafted for a D cup (4” difference between over bust and full bust measurement) or a B cup (2” difference). Pieces for narrow shoulders are included for both cup sizes.
Nellie Joans stocks kits for our Banksia Bralettes. Get 15% off the kits with code 'MBXNJ15'
This pattern is designed for 4-way stretch (stretches both horizontally and vertically) knit fabric with good recovery. For the outer fabric, we suggest at least 5% spandex. Suggested blends include: bamboo/spandex, cotton/spandex, rayon/spandex.
You will also need to source Powernet (sometimes called Powermesh). Please ensure this is Powernet/Powermesh (typically used for bra bands or shapewear) and not stretch mesh (typically used in dancewear). It will feel very firm when stretched.
All sizes, most support (powermesh lined front and back pieces and 2x slings)
• 0.5m/0.6 yards of 150cm (60”) wide 4 way stretch knit fabric
• 0.8m/0.9 yards of 150cm (60”) wide powernet
2.5m/2.75 yards, 3/8” (15mm) wide Fold-over Elastic
1.4m/1.5y yards, 1.5” (38mm) or 1.25” (30mm) ribbed, non-roll waistband elastic
Fabric yardage for this pattern is calculated with the most supportive option (D cup, fully lined with powernet, D cup slings). If you require less support you may need different yardage, read more here about the support options.
Our videos and blogs:
Banksia Bralette inspo:
Check out the hashtag, #BanksiaBralette
You are purchasing a multi-sizes digital sewing pattern for home use only (not commercial use). This digital pattern comes with PDF files for A4 and Letter sized paper, a large format A0 PDF file and an illustrated set of instructions illustrated pattern instructions to take you step-by step-through the process of making the pattern.
These files need to be opened and saved on desktop or laptop computers — you won't be able to open them on your smart phone.